Friday, October 14, 2011

The word “Orthodox” is changing!

The shaadi season has begun and I am also getting news that some people around me are preparing themselves to ring the wedding bell. I congratulate them and they reply me with a blushing face and warrior smile. Its good people start taking responsibility to grow our society horizontally. Then conversation continues they speak about their spouse, education, life, country (If NRI), color, etc. The conversation itself shows the enthusiasm on other side of the river.

Thanks to our ancestor who developed a cast system and divided zones by keeping some surname copyright. They made it so easy that just by name people can identify the cast and choose their set of people. But I think my generation took some responsibility to break the barrier. In-between the conversation I come to know that “Orthodox” Brahmin is marrying a Baniya, Rajput is marrying a Brahmin and all sorts of permutation and combinations. Few years back I use to listen that because of this some couple had been discarded from their community and not it is frequent. Is my society changing? Is my society increased its tolerance limit? Are we more inclined towards a better life partner rather then a community matrimony barrier? Whatever the question be it sounds interesting for me.

No comments: