Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The bitter truth...

Somewhere somebody may be preparing “laddoos” to celebrate the win on 16th May. Somewhere somebody may be getting ready for tonight’s farewell at 10 Janpath. Somewhere somebody might be attending a meeting for some addition and subtraction of the seats and somebody somewhere is guarding the digitally filled EVM machine on which next five year’s future of my country relying. In the midst of all this there are some intellectuals who are still fighting on twitter and facebook over the credibility of the issues, persons and situations. I am trying to give a different picture of all this.

It is so difficult to remain apolitical in the season rallies, road shows and rages between two parties. Mail boxes, text boxes and idiot boxes are full of undesirables. Every party are trying to prove that they are the ones who will not shed my cloths in next five years. One step ahead is the peoples who support either of the parties, as if they are fighting this ideological battle. These are some who were criticizing somebody for making elephant statues and praising somebody for making tallest statue. For them there is no middle path, either messiah or massacre.

In between of all this never ending melodrama I feel ashamed of myself every morning when I see my office peon, cleaning dirty tables, throwing office cups and bringing tea for everyone. It is not because he is old or differently able; it is because he reflects the ground reality of politics of our country. He is the picture of our development from Mahatma to Modi. My only fault was I asked him, from where did you come and what is your qualification?
The answer was shocking; I graduated in Political science.
Goosebumps all over my body.
Next sentence; Just because of financial condition of my family, I have to work. I come from BIHAR.

The state, which has given the first president to this nation, is topping the list of migrants and giving overqualified workers for non-skill jobs. Indeed nobody requires a degree in political science for serving tea. The story doesn’t end here and indeed he is not the one. I met several of ice cream seller, tea maker, and rickshaw puller. Shocking was those moments when someone said to me; I am diploma in mechanical engineering and serving tea to an ITI person. It is just because the other person is just at the other side of the table.

My point is not to prove that tea serving is a bad or low level job, or not to portray that there is bifurcation in the type of job, but my intention is that in the battle of political fighting there are some people who just see the face of nation changing, not their lifestyle. For them it is immaterial who is fighting from where or who is making what, but it matters to them that where they will work after 6 months because they come on temporary payroll for just 6 months. It is good god to fight the ideological battle on social networking sites but very few of them will ask questions from people around them that what brought you here?


I see everyday a honeybee hive in my balcony, bees coming and going, dying and flying. Initially I thought of removing that from my balcony because it was purely an encroachment in my place for which I am paying rent, but later I changed my mind. Initially I was seeing hive and now I see bees. This is the bitter truth of my country, we are more focusing on hive not the individual bee.