Monday, November 28, 2011

If I am not married (Don’t be serious it’s a joke)


Today I take this opportunity to confess one of my biggest fears. I have no shame or today I am not finding anything awkwardness in confessing this issue. May be after writing this blog some cells of my body will feel relaxed and some hormones will splash with joy. I have no idea from where I got this strength to put these words on paper but after seeing the event which happened with me last evening I had left with no choice.
            My biggest fear in life is marriage. People call it as an institution; I don’t know why they call it as an institution. Another option which I have is may be demolition, destruction, exploitation. My married friends and relatives or people planning to get married please don’t kick me. Both of us know that I will be left with no choice someday, Someday I will have to cross this border and come into your territory.
            One Sunday evening, I and two of my friends were returning from “Mahasatsang” everything was fine till my friend decided to take lift from a car whose destination was same as ours. My idea was to move our bodies through the one of the best facility given by our government, i.e. “Delhi Metro”. My friends had different opinion. After “Mahasatsang” I was in yes mode so I said “yes” to this idea. After little bit of hassle we found a brand new car, whose seat polycover is yet to be tear. The gracious family, wife husband and a baby girl decided to carry our body weight. Journey begun in slight fogy night in the season of “dilli ki sardi”. Nice car, nice ambience, nice people, nice FM music, everything was nice till the baby started crying. And the twist started, she started crying, somehow her mother managed first time and second time. Third time it was uncontrollable. Frankly speaking, at that point of time I was regretting my decision. I was thinking how comfortable a metro journey is, when you have an ipod and a cozy jacket with you. Slowly we were moving till the point of one traffic jam where situation got worst. All the radio jokeys, bhaiyas and didi, mummy and papa, teddies and cat (when I saw that cat I searched for 2 minutes where the mouth of that cat is) failed to stop crying baby princess. That moment I realized babysitting might be more difficult then designing a bike or writing codes on 21 inch computer display. As we know every closed door has an opening and that opening was the idea born in Mr. Husbands mind.

            “Who knows how to drive a car?” suddenly this question has been heard. It was the voice of Mr. Husband. I looked other people and they shown me a complete blank face. The only option was me, and I took the initiative, remembered my “G” and started driving the car. Sitting plan of the car has been changed. Mrs. Wife shifted to back seat, Mr. Husband left to me in front. He took the responsibility to make baby girl happy with his stupid jokes and comments. One very deadly was when he said;”beta choop ho jao nahi to soniya Gandhi aa jayegi” and baby stopped crying. Later he said;”chalo soniya Gandhi bachho ko chup karane me to kaam aayi”. I truelly admire Mr. Husband how he handled the situation and I must say better then her mother.
            In between all ups and downs my mind was surprised, I didn’t even say a single word through out the journey. Right leg on brake and accelerator, left on clutch, one hand on steering and another on gear, and constant smile on my face. Smile which came out of amazement, surprise and fight between my mind and my heart. This is what a typical Indian family is! A job, a hatchback car with polycover on seat, a wife and a baby and lots of tic tac toe.
            Some breed of people find the game of tic tac toe very interesting. Here I doubt my capability of playing this game. Till now my game is “I do what I like, I like the way I live, I live to the fullest and the fulfillment of seeing smile on others faces”. After this event my fear has been increased. I recalled my happiest dream of my life where I am sitting on an island with a very interesting book in my hand and my iPod, till my eye view goes I am not seeing any human being. And then a yellow butterfly is flying coming towards me and sit on my book. Life is like a never ending joke “If I am not married”. Let me laugh.

4 comments:

Sumit batra said...

Nice xperience Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha..........

Pallavi said...

this can be fear of many young fellows(including me I guess), I really appreciate that you share it..... :)

rahul said...

Time for few more Advance Courses to let go this fear as well.. More of Hollow and Empty will help u.. JGDv :)

Anonymous said...

lol.. good luck (marry soon and overcome your fear;))