Friday, December 9, 2011

"Wisdom Seller"


Scene 1: Monday, 8AM:
All set for MM9, Monday morning 9AM, the place where dreams turn into reality. I never understood whose dream turns into reality, dream of company or dream of employee. Asking for dream reality concept at 9Am in the morning is never digestible to me; this is why most Monday morning I use toilet of my office. If given chance I would rather prefer to sleep and see dreams and then some other day I shall try to turn it into reality. But it is impossible so let’s talk possible, The truth is, I have to wake up and prepare myself for that Carnot cycle (Only those who studied mechanical engg or studied properly in high school can understand carnot cycle, If you are not google it.). I got ready for MM9 did my entire morning activity and went to have breakfast. As I told that it’s Monday so no time to cook breakfast. I went outside to have “Aaloo ke parathe,(People those who are reading this in south India check your mouth some water is falling) while I was totally involved in enjoying each bite of that paratha suddenly my eyes went in front. A liquor shop, a shop with less promotion and advertisement, not exactly visible from all sides of the market also. And then the activity of mine shifted and was doing two different things together, my hand and my mouth were busy in creating resonance for the food in front of me and my eyes stuck to that liquor shop. One person appeared in the counter, spent approximately 4 minutes and then opened the seal and took two sips of “Kalyug Amrit” and rest put in his pocket, immediately two lines triggered in my mind which I have read some times back behind a truck
            सतयुग में अमृत मिला, द्वापर में मिला घी
            कलयुग में दारु मिली, खूब दबाकर पी.
Its unbelievable but within 10 minutes of that breakfast period I notice almost 15 to 20 customer. Even the shopkeeper did not think of doing worship after opening the sutter of the shop, he just started selling. When congestion got over shopkeeper took out “Agarbatti” and offered gratitude to the God.

Scene2: Monday, 8PM   
Monday evening of December, temperature is going down in town. 8PM was almost looking like late night. In the yellow color street light the smoky fog was also appearing like backdrop of an old movie. Flies were enjoying the “merry go round” around the florescent street light. Stoppage time of 120 seconds remained cars came stopped; some were playing loud music to forget the frustration of MM9. Bikers were rubbing their hand as it got frozen because of the cold and the taxi drivers were spitting from their window the chewed supari and saliva from their mouth. Suddenly a man appeared. Man in his late twenties wore a sweater and pant, a bag back on his shoulder that looked heavy. He was knocking each and every driver seat window and having a 5 second chat with them. I thought he is asking for lift. It looked interesting to me so I continuously stared at him and his activities, he came closer, then I saw he is holding something in his hand. Some thick books, then I thought he is a salesman selling dictionaries at traffic signal. I thought what a way to do marketing of products; people can’t spare traffic signal also. For me he looked same as other traffic signal vendors who sale tissue paper box, car cushions, mobile chargers and other accessories. I was happy that no one is giving him proper response, till he came closer to me. Instantly my happiness turned into a different expression, an expression of regret. I was regretting my judgmental thoughts when I saw a U shaped “chandan” on his forehead. He has got a divine glow on his face with the silence and expression of unconditional smile. He was a “wisdom seller”, a devotee of Krishna, a yogi. A yogi, who was doing sewa in his free time and was giving “Shreemad Bhagwat geeta” to people at very reasonable price, He was distributing the way of life, the reason of unconditional love, the source of immense joy, the tool of never ending smile. Though people were not giving him a single response but smile on his face was intact, not a single line of worries. Then he came to me, I greeted him: Jai Shree Krishna, He replied with same enthusiasm and joy. It was like two known people meeting after long time. I seriously felt a connection between us. And why not! It was the connection of “Krishna”.
Yogi: Would you like to buy these books?
I: I already read Bhagwat Geeta.
Yogi: So, nice! Are you doing your chanting daily?
I: No I belong to different spiritual group, I do meditation.
Yogi: Jai Shree Krishna
I: Jai Shree Krishna.
This 10 second of meeting energized me. I felt very nice and started smiling which I have lost because of MM9. The meeting was small but effective. I hope he also got some energy and enthusiasm to spread happiness.
The reason of writing this blog is not these two events which I observed but the practical experience of one doha of “Kabira” an old saint. I actually forgot the exact wordings but have some faint idea of the meaning. Which says: “Alcohol sells itself but to sell milk we have to go door to door” (If someone find exact wordings please let me know). This is the biggest irony of our life. A pesticide mixed pepsi sells higher then butter milk; no doubt why mothers in Mc Donalds scold her child to finish burgers. This is how it is, friends make you feel regret if you did not see a movie called “Delhi Belly”. Kya! Tune who movie nahi dekhi….aahhh”, but give this expression if you tell them to accompany you to gurudwara “yaar kal chalet hain na, aaj mood nahi hai”. And still we say “Har ek friend zaroori hota hai”. I don’t care how many bottles get open in the morning everyday or how many “divine books” that “wisdom seller” will sell on the traffic signal, because one thing is very sure confined mentality and shrink thoughts cannot see the disgrace of alcohol and grace of divinity. People argue to me “why do I need Art of Living or a Guru?” I say neither you need Art of living nor you need a guru. You just need the guts. Guts to face yourself in the mirror while saying “I am Unconditionally Happy”.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u r seriously amazing bhaiya

nimi said...

amazing bhaeya..:)